Monday, September 24, 2007

Zappos: Great service

If you haven't heard of Zappos.com, they're one of the largest online shoe sellers around. Probably their largest claim to fame is that they have free overnight shipping and free returns - effectively eliminating one of the big concerns with buying shoes online: What if they don't fit?

Anyhow, I recently ordered a pair of shoes and they were a bit too big, so I'll be returning them (free of charge). I wanted to then order a smaller size, but they were out of stock. However, their Web site did not indicate when they'd be in stock. I chatted live online with a customer rep to see if I could find out. She told me that it wasn't looking likely, which was good information to know.

The main reason I'm posting though is that at the end of the chat, she suggested I take a look at some other (competitor) Web sites. I think that is very commendable when a company is confident enough in their offering to suggest competitor Web sites, to ultimately keep their customers happy (in this case, to get them the shoes they need as soon as possible).

No comments: