Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Don't ask employees to be passionate about the company!

This is a different way of looking at employees within companies -- maybe we don't care that employees aren't behind "the company" and what it's doing. This article poses the question, "what if employees are simply happy with what they're doing on a day-to-day basis?"

Before leaving my full-time job, I dealt with this a lot -- I would go through phases of enjoying what I was doing and literally forgetting about the real reason I wanted to leave the company -- that I didn't own it and wouldn't ultimately get [a substantial] part of anything that might come of it when it finally "made it". I didn't necessarily doubt that the company would "make it", in fact, I think they have a pretty good chance. I gave up the opportunity to be a part of that because the daily grind just wasn't leaving me very fulfilled.

Anyhow, check this out: Creating Passionate Users: Don't ask employees to be passionate about the company!

No comments: