Wednesday, January 17, 2007

To wear a suit or to not wear a suit...

Granted, I rarely wear suits and only occasionally really dress up, but I tend to agree with this article. I think there's a place for a suit (like, when everyone else is wearing one), and sometimes you just wear one when you're meeting new people -- but I agree with wanting to be comfortable and being able to prove who you are by your skills, not by how much money you decided to spend on a suit to impress people... Link: Mark Cuban on "the suit" - (37signals)

1 comment:

Erin (nickname: Erna) said...

I think that is total crap.

There are definitely times that a suit is the only appropriate form of attire, and people wear them out of tradition or etiquette, not to look show-offy.

Besides, ask most women and they will agree:

man + suit = HOT!

You know how much Stacy and Clinton hate the word "comfortable." Under his logic, why not show up to meetings in a bathrobe and slippers? Well, since you work from home, I guess you could.

Erin